Driving tips for new drivers
Here are some driving tips that are excellent for ALL drivers, but especially new drivers:
- Always obey the speed limit. This gives inexperienced drivers time to react if they experience a challenging scenario.
- Don’t follow too closely behind other drivers. !
- Assume other drivers aren’t going to act as they should. For example, if a driver has his turn signal on, don’t assume he’s turning. He may have simply forgotten to turn it off.
- Look at the junctions before going on a green light to make sure everyone’s clear and no one is running the light.
- Avoid distractions by putting your mobile phone on silent until you get to your destination.
- Avoid load music.
- Don’t drive with friends in the car until you’re quite confident.
- NEVER drink and drive. You are NOT the exception.
- Turn on the headlights,even during the day. This increases your visibility and protects against forgetting to turn them on when they’re needed.
- Be familiar with the area you are driving in the set out to new areas.